HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU CLEAN YOUR OFFICESeptember 7, 2017
Monkey pox reportedly hits Lagos, two cases recordedOctober 9, 2017
Dr. Isaac Adewole, Nigerias Minister of Health has spoken on the recent outbreak of Monkeypox in Nigeria and measures to prevent its spread. He described monkeypox as a viral illness caused by a group of viruses that include smallpox and chicken pox. Symptoms of the disease include headache, fever, back pains and in advanced cases, rashes bigger than those caused by chicken pox. Below are the 5 ways he mention as measures to prevent Monkey Pox
- Stop eating dead animals, bush meat, particularly monkeys
- Avoid contact with squirrels, rats and monkeys., especially animals that are sick or found dead in areas where monkeypox occurs
- always wash hands with soap and water after contact with animals or when caring for sick human relatives or soiled beddings.
- Sanitize your hands always with a good sanitizer
- Avoid crowded places as much as possible