7 ways cockroaches are bad for your healthOctober 21, 2017
TOP REASON TO FUMIGATE YOUR HOUSEOctober 21, 2017
Cockroaches are vectors or carriers for millions of bacteria and infectious agents that can lead to an array of diseases from diarrhoea to food poisoning. There are many ways cockroaches are bad for your health. Here are 8 ways you can get rid of cockroaches
- Keep your house clean if you don’t want to see that ugly creature. Weekly house cleaning will help you to understand the status of cockroach infestation.
- Ensure that areas like the sink and the food preparation area is cleaned before you go to sleep.
- Empty the dustbin in your kitchen regularly and always keep it covered. A pile of garbage is an open invitation to cockroaches.
- Don’t leave your food open at nights to prevent contamination. Preferably, store all food stuffs in sealed containers. Clean your refrigerator regularly, at least once in a week.
- Never keep old newspapers, books and magazines stacked openly.
- Keep cockroach sprays handy so that you can kill them instantly when you see them. You can also use cockroach baits and other products in the market to get rid of hidden cockroaches in your home. Sprinkle some boric acid near cracks and crevices.
- Block all entrances from where you think cockroaches are gaining entry into your home. Seal tiny cracks and holes present in the walls to prevent cockroaches from making a permanent home over there.
- Pest control for heavy infestation is a must. Good sanitation should be practiced after pest control to prevent further infestation.
- Hire a professional pest control company to fumigate your house against cockroaches and other pests